Philadelphia Actor Headshots
No actor wants to be overlooked. Stand out with headshots that:
- Give you confidence in the audition room
- Show different sides of your personality and playable types
- Represent who you are at your core and what you bring to the table
- Leave a lasting first-impression on casting directors
- Actually look like you
- You are guaranteed to love! (More on that below!)
As a professional actor myself, I have my finger on the pulse of the industry.
I know exactly what casting directors are looking for in a headshot and how to capture that for you. You do not need to think you are "photogenic" or have any experience being photographed in order to get amazing results. I will guide you throughout the entire shoot and adapt to your energy in order to get headshots that capture your personality and make you look + feel amazing.
My clients have been seen on Broadway/in tours in such shows as Mamma Mia!, Jersey Boys, CATS, Starlight Express, Joseph...Dreamcoat, West Side Story, Smokey Joe's Café, and on national television in shows such as Ellen and Grey's Anatomy.
I guarantee that you'll love your headshots.
In fact, I have a policy that if you don't love your headshots, you can come back for a reshoot at no cost. Still don't love your headshots? I'll refund you the full price. But I'm confident you will be obsessed with your new
I promise that you'll get the best headshots you've ever had, and you'll have fun doing it, too.
I invite you to my studio for your personalized headshot session!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a student discount?
Yes! Students enrolled in K-12 or an accredited college/university may enjoy a $100 discount on my top two packages, the Full Headshots and Branding packages.
What if I am not photogenic?
Being photogenic just means that you have experience in front of the camera. If you don't have this experience (most of my clients do NOT), I will teach you everything you need to know to look your best in your photographs. I will guide you through posing and I will walk you through exercises that bring out specific emotions in order to capture diverse set of flattering, engaged images. I will customize my approach to you by adapting to your specific energy and what clicks with you. You don't need to be "photogenic" at all because I will be there to help you through the entire shoot!
Can we shoot outside?
YES! Although a lot of my headshots are taken inside my studio (both with flash and with natural light through the huge windows), we can venture outside around the studio to get outdoor shots as well.
Who is your hair and makeup artist?
I work with Philly's best hair and makeup artist agency, ONLO. Diana DuHaim is the owner, and she or one of her associate hair and makeup artists (all masters of their craft) will be at the beginning of your session to do your hair and makeup if you purchase that service.
Do you provide hair styling/light makeup for guys?
Yes! This is called male grooming. It is a service provided by the hair and makeup agency I work with to give you a polished look for your shoot. This service is $75.
Do I need to bring special pants or shoes?
That's not necessary, as they won't be in the photos. However, I believe that you should come feeling amazing, including your pants and shoes, because it helps inspire you during the shoot. Totally up to you, though.
Can I print my headshots wherever I want?
Yup, although I have made it painless to order prints through me right from your gallery. By printing with me, you are getting professional prints at rates competitive to major reproduction/print houses with the convenience of the prints being shipped right to your door. It doesn't get better than that!
Can I use these images on my website and social media?
Heck yeah! No special permission necessary.
How do I book my shoot? What does the rest of the process look like?
1) Navigate to my online booking page to view my availability. Pick your desired slot, complete the contract/terms and conditions, and pay for the session all from the booking page. It is super convenient!
2) Complete a questionnaire so I can get to know you better, how exactly you would like to market yourself, and know where you are in your career. We optionally can have a consultation over the phone or at my office to discuss these things and create a plan for your shoot
3) Receive a thorough prep guide that answers any and all questions you may have about clothing, hair and makeup (if you don't add on hair and makeup services), etc. I'm also available to answer any questions you may have
4) Have a great time at your shoot! I will guide you through everything including getting comfortable in front of the camera, posing, outfit selection, etc. We will jam out to music of your choosing!
5) Receive proof gallery within 1 week. You will select the images you would like retouched from this gallery
6) Receive retouched images back within 1 week of selection
What is a "proof"?
A proof is an image you receive back that isn't quite finished yet. It has been edited but not retouched. You'll receive a set of proof images in an online image gallery, and from there you will be able to select which images you would like retouched.
What is the difference between editing and retouching?
When you receive your proofs, these images are edited. This includes making sure they are at the perfect brightness and have my signature look to them. Editing does NOT include things like removing skin blemishes, removing stray hair, etc. That's where retouching comes in. Retouching is an intensive process compared to editing.
Depending on which package you choose, you get to select which of the proofs you want retouched, and you'll receive these retouched images back about a week after making your selection. In other words, the proofs are "edited" and are like a draft of a paper, and the retouched images are the finished paper.
Can you give me advice on how to do my hair + makeup and what clothes to bring?
YES! I actually have a comprehensive guide available here that walks you through everything. I recommend hiring a hair and makeup artist to do that for you at your shoot, but if you elect to do it yourself, the information is available in the guide. As always, you can reach out to me with any questions you have leading up to the shoot.
What if I don't like my headshots?
You will, trust me! But I do have a quality guarantee. You are welcome to come back for a free reshoot if we aren't able to get your images to your liking with retouching. Boom.
© 2019 Mike Styer Photography LLC | (484) 949-0651 | email@example.com | 92 Bethlehem Pike, Philadelphia, PA 19118