I know exactly what casting directors are looking for in a headshot and how to capture that for you. You do not need to think you are "photogenic" or have any experience being photographed in order to get amazing results. I will guide you throughout the
entire shoot and adapt to your energy in order to get headshots that capture your personality and make you look + feel amazing.
My clients have previously been seen on Broadway/on tour in:
Mean Girls, Miss Saigon, Mamma Mia!, Jersey Boys, CATS, Starlight Express, Joseph...Dreamcoat, West Side Story, Smokey Joe's Café, The Wizard of Oz, and
on national television in shows such as Grey's Anatomy and Ellen.
In fact, I have a policy that if you don't love your headshots, you can come back for a reshoot at no cost. Still don't love your headshots? I'll refund you the full price. But I'm confident you will be obsessed with your new shots!
You select which images you would like to purchase immediately after your session. Together, we narrow down the images until you have made your final selection. I then send out your images for retouching and deliver them when I receive them back. My turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.
I offer rush services as an add-on if you need a faster turnaround.
Your session includes a download of the final retouched images you purchased. I do not send unedited images or offer proof galleries.
Being photogenic just means that you have experience in front of the camera. If you don't have this experience (most of my clients do NOT), I will teach you everything you need to know to look your best in your photographs. Regardless, I will guide you through posing and I will walk you through exercises that elicit specific emotions in order to capture a diverse set of flattering, engaged images. I will customize my approach to you by adapting to your specific energy and what clicks with you. You don't need to be "photogenic" at all because I will be there to help you through the entire shoot! You will love your images.
YES! Although I primarily photograph headshots inside my studios with studio lighting, we can venture outside around the studio to get outdoor shots as well depending on weather and if we can squeeze that into the length of your session. My Exton studio is in a historic mansion with a beautiful property with trees, a pond, etc. and Philly and NYC shoots can take advantage of the city surrounding the studio.
Yes! I work with the area's best hair and makeup artists. My main artist, Hayley, primarily conducts hair and makeup services at her location less than ten minutes from my Exton studio but is happy to travel to my studio if you prefer. Payment + tip is sent directly by you to her. If you would like more information including her current pricing, I can send over her contact information to you upon request.
For a headshot session, that's not necessary, as your pants and shoes won't be visible in the photos. However, I believe that you should come feeling amazing, including your pants and shoes, because it helps inspire you during the shoot. Totally up to you, though. If you are more comfortable in shorts or yoga pants, go for it.
If you would like to shoot 3/4 images/full body images, bring full outfits including shoes, pants, etc.
Absolutely. No special permission necessary.
1) Contact me for more information about the process, pricing, next steps, etc. We will pick a date and time for your session. I will take your name and contact information and a credit/debit card number to process your session fee. Once that's complete, you're on my calendar!
2) Complete a questionnaire so I can get to know you better, how exactly you would like to market yourself, and know where you are in your career or hobby.
3) Receive an appointment confirmation email with links to parking instructions and a thorough prep guide that answers any and all questions you may have about clothing, hair and makeup, etc.
4) Have a great time at your shoot! I will guide you through everything including getting comfortable in front of the camera, posing, outfit selection, etc. We will jam out to music of your choosing. Feel free to send over your favorite Spotify playlist.
5) Select the images you would like to purchase immediately after your session. I will be there to guide you on which images look best, how to select the best variety, etc. Plan on this taking 30 minutes or so. I'll process your payment for the images after you make your final selection.
6) Receive retouched image back once they are ready.
YES! I actually have a comprehensive guide available here that walks you through everything. I recommend hiring a hair and makeup artist to do that for you at your shoot, but if you elect to do it yourself, the information is available in the guide. As always, you can reach out to me with any questions you have leading up to the shoot.
Philadelphia / NYC Headshot and Branding Photographer
Entrepreneurs - Personal Brands - Small Businesses - Corporations - Creatives
Center City Studio
We are currently looking for a new Philly studio and are offering pop-up availability
626 W Lincoln Highway, Exton, PA 19341
(267) 888-4693 (call or text) | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 Mike Styer Photography LLC